Appealing an Arkansas Judge's decision from supervised visitation to full visitation.

Asked over 1 year ago - Hot Springs National Park, AR

Can I appeal this. The NCP had supervised visitation and did not see the child. He took me back to court for visitation and the evidence against him not using his supervised visitation was extensive to the point that his grandparents whom he lied with during this supervised visitation testified against him, stating that he was never present for visitation or would not get out of the bed to visit his son, however the judge approved giving him full visitation rights. He continues not to exercise his visitation rights his mother does. Can this be appealed, the hearing was in October 2012 and the order was not recorded until December 2012.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Scott Allen Scholl


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . To appeal the decision, a Notice of Appeal must be filed within 30 days of the date the order was entered or the Appellate Court will not have jurisdiction to hear the appeal. The deadline can be extended to 180 days if you can show that you did not receive notice of the entry of the order and that you exercised due diligence to keep up with the status of your case.

    Appeals on visitation matters can be very tough, so if you want to pursue this you need a good appellate attorney.

    This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. Ronna L. Deloe

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The type of visitation can be appealed, but you need to speak to an appellate attorney who specializes in family law right away. Unless the order wasn't served on you or your lawyer, if you had one, then your time to appeal has probably passed a long time ago. Your best bet is to check with an appellate attorney and see if you have any chance to appeal at this late date. Best of luck to you.

    If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly. The... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,858 answers this week

3,094 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,858 answers this week

3,094 attorneys answering