Appealing a final custody order in Florida - HELP!

Asked about 3 years ago - Palm Harbor, FL

I was never married to my daughter's father, and we have never resided in the same state since I was 9 weeks pregnant. Our daughter is now 18mths old, and she has lived with me her whole entire life (born in FL), and I have been the sole provider for her. My ex lives 2000 miles away, and he filed for full custody of our daughter. We had our final hearing, and I just received the judge's orders -- he ordered joint phsyical custody, with our daughter living with me for 3mths and then in South Dakota with her father for 3mths, rotating back and forth like that until the age of 5. I have never heard of such a thing, ESPECIALLY with an 18mth old who has lived with her mother her whole life. I am appealing this decision, but my ex's '3mth block' starts in April

and I want to know if I can file something like a 'stay' or a 'status quo order' to have her not be gone for 3mths while the appeal is taking place. I still think that timeshare should take place between her and her father during the appeal process, I just don't believe she should be bounced between FL and South Dakota every 3mths like a UPS package! Please help!

1. 1

Answered . You need to hire an attorney ASAP because there are strict time limits in order to file an appeal. Successfully appealing a child custody order is very difficult. I wish you the best of luck.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

2. Answered . You need a lawyer now to file the appeal. contact my office.