Appeal I-290B how long it take to get update on our application? and what should be done?

Asked about 1 year ago - East Brunswick, NJ

my spouse is waiting for GC through marriage. It was denied because he needed to send some documents to confirm the marriage, and though we sent it, USCIS said they did not receive it.
we filed an appeal and showed receipt of sending the documents. The appeal is pending more than 7 months. Is there anything we can do? His drivers license will expire in a month and NJDMV refused to extend it.
we scheduled an info path appointment at local USCIS office, but we were told that they can't give any information since our case is in VSC and they don't see any updates in their system.
Is there anything that can be done?

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, there are things that can be done such as following up with the VSC, applying to renew the current work authorization or reapplying. Appeals can take a very long time. If you were working with an immigration lawyer from the beginning, you would not be in this position. Better late than never to correct that.

2. Stephen D. Berman

5

1

Answered . You could just refile for her adjustment of status, and meanwhile you can apply for a work permit and travel permit while the appeal is pending.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. At this point it is best to re-file the green card paperwork. Hire an attorney to assist you so you do not encounter unnecessary delays.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . You described several considerably difficult issues.
    Be as it may, you may agree with me , that your immigration matter obviously calls for a splendid immigration attorney to diligently apply legal skill, expertise and logical vision to your difficult case.
    I am afraid there is no other option.

5. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

3

Answered . If your spouse is a pending applicant for adjustment, he is entitled to file for a renewal work authorization card.

You should consult with an attorney about your case.