Apartment False Advertising [Complicated]

Newark, DE |

I took over a lease for an apartment for a specific floorplan unit. The apartment advertises on their website specific floorplans, but upon moving in from the lease I took over, the actual unit is not the same as what's advertised. The unit is missing an actual entrance hall, closet, and dining hall room, basically square feet is not the same. The main thing is having no actual dining hall when on their website they advertise it on their floorplans. They also do not allow people to view their apartments, they will only show a generic model.

There are no disclaimers as well Q and A: Thanks Dana. To answer your questions: 1) This is a lease take over and I believe the lease is with the landlord. This was not a sublease. It was a complete takeover, as I pay the landlord and it's now "my lease". 2) The lease itself specifies a specific floor plan. On the website they have the square feet information of my floor plan that is specified. There is no unit number on the lease. Hope that helps and thank you.

1. The first question is whether this is a lease with the apartment landlord or a sublease with a lessee of such landlord. The second question is whether the lease itself specifies a specific floor plan, square footage and, most importantly, unit number. These are very important facts to know in order to answer your question properly.

Tenant-landlord disputes can be quite complicated, and you should speak with an attorney to understand your rights, responsibilities and any claims you may have against the landlord. I handle many tenant-landlord matters in Delaware and would be happy to discuss this matter with you further.

DISCLAIMER: The above is for informational purposes and no attorney/client relationship is intended or implied. Such a relationship can only be established through the signing of a retention/fee agreement.