AOS interview was in July,so it has been 7 months,married to a USC

Joliet, IL |

filed in April and the interview was in July ,Just wondering if we are still in the normal proceeding time,I did call the USCIS 1800 number,i was told they are still doing back ground check,is this unusual ? should I just continue waiting? my coworker has been through this and she had to refile ?

1. No, that is not normal. USCIS has, by law, 90 days after an interview during which to render a decision. More inquiries on your part will not yield any results, and you would like to be given the same song and dance. What you need instead, what you needed from the first moment, is to hire an experienced immigration lawyer to intercede on your behalf, investigate the true reason for the delay, and be prepared to file a Mandamus action in Federal Court if necessary.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I think usual is 3 months time. Hire an attorney and if need be go into federal court.

3. It is taking longer than usual. Make an Infopass appointment or seek legal assistance if you are not represented.

Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

Marriage and prenups topics