AOS interview was in July,so it has been 7 months,married to a USC

Asked about 1 year ago - Joliet, IL

filed in April and the interview was in July ,Just wondering if we are still in the normal proceeding time,I did call the USCIS 1800 number,i was told they are still doing back ground check,is this unusual ? should I just continue waiting? my coworker has been through this and she had to refile ?

1. 2

Answered . I think usual is 3 months time. Hire an attorney and if need be go into federal court.

2. 2

Answered . No, that is not normal. USCIS has, by law, 90 days after an interview during which to render a decision. More inquiries on your part will not yield any results, and you would like to be given the same song and dance. What you need instead, what you needed from the first moment, is to hire an experienced immigration lawyer to intercede on your behalf, investigate the true reason for the delay, and be prepared to file a Mandamus action in Federal Court if necessary.

3. 2

Answered . It is taking longer than usual. Make an Infopass appointment or seek legal assistance if you are not represented.