Skip to main content

Anyone who has dealt with parole?

Dallas, TX |

Someone I know was charged with POSS CONT SUB in 2004..I'm not sure if he served time. In late 2010 he was charged with MAN DEL CS 1-400. Sentenced to 15 years each, running concurrent. Began sentence in Nov 2011. First parole chance is in May of this year. Site lists projected release in 2017 and maximum release in 2026. What are his chances at first parole? If you've seen a similar case, what is a ballpark estimate on the time he might serve? I really do NOT want this guy getting out. He is a dangerous guy. Any answers MUCH appreciated!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Most persons sentenced to prison for non-violent offenses will serve approximately twenty-five percent of their time before getting released on parole. This varies widely depending on whether they entered a plea or went to trial.
    Austin Parole Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

  2. No one can tell you when he will be paroled. The decision is up to the parole board and is too case-specific. If you have a fact-based argument on why he should be denied parole, you should feel free to contact the parole board.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

  3. I agree with Ms. Jaggers. I would add that contacting the prosecutor might also be a good idea.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.