Anyone out there that can answer some LL C business start up questions ? in the next few minutes

Asked over 1 year ago - Vancouver, WA

I know its about 200 dollars to buy a LL C but I need a lawyers advice for starting it up right to be a business on line from home , to have different features on it , like selling other peoples work like artwork and services , also selling products , most of all advice starting up the LL the best way to avoid being able to be sued by another person , to be the most legally safe and protected from others . Do you put the LL C in your own name or some other way .

1. Ryan Hogaboam

5

Answered . Generally, concerning your liability as a member of an LLC:under RCW 25.15.125, "debts, obligations, and liabilities of a limited liability company, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, shall be solely the debts, obligations, and liabilities of the imited liability company." In other words, a member or managp.d.er of a limited liability company is not personally liable except to the extent they have contributed to the LLC or if they commit a tort. This is why a limited liability company is "limited liability."

I am not sure how to respond to everythin you are asking, so I think talking to a lawyer in person would be a good idea.

2. John Robert Bonin

5

Answered . Prior answer is generally correct. You need to sit down with an attorney to discuss your goals and your plans to really select the best form of your business from many options. You also want to not only form your entity properly, but maintain it properly or what the other attorney said may ultimately become untrue- not because of what he said, but because of what you did and did not do. Usually an understanding of what you want, need and may like to have by way of a proper business formation can be discussed with simple business entities in well under an hour of attorney time. Strongly suggest you spend that money and time now rather than regret not having done so later.

3. Douglass S Lodmell

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. An LLC is an excellent tool to manage a business and to isolate the risk it generates. However, it will not protect you neither your personal assets from lawsuits. A plaintiff may always attempt to hold you personally liable by theories such as negligence or gross negligence.
    Depending on the revenue your business generates and the total net worth of your personal assets, you may want to consider combining your LLC with (an)other asset protection tool(s).

You should schedule a consultation with an attorney that has proven expertise in asset protection planning.