Any way to get my CDL back after the 2nd DUI offense.(10 year)

Billings, MT |

Have 2 DUI convictions.2003&2009. Both occured in my personal vehicle. Is there any way to get the CDL back? Programs,etc? Petition?

Call one of the many attorneys on here who practices in the area where the cases occurred. Most should offer a free consultation, and should be able to answer your questions easily, perhaps after learning more about your cases.

You need to contact the Dept of Transportation and if you dont like their answer, then contact a a criminal law attorney.

DISCLAIMER: I am not your attorney and readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk. Any comment is for general educational purposes only, and is based only on the limited facts provided, which may or may not be true. It is not legal advice upon which you may rely, as the commenter has not interviewed witnesses or examined any evidence, and has not researched the applicable law. Available defenses may prevent the success of any claim. Competent legal advice should always be obtained from a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any legal action or filing suit.

The CDL regulations are based on a federal law. A stupid law in many respects.

Contact a dui/dwi/owi/drunk driving defense lawyer where the convictions occurred as well as alcohol counseling agencies in the area.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

mostly, 1 year suspension for 1st violation, but taken away on second for good. See a local attorney for more detail and help.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI