Any way to get my CDL back after the 2nd DUI offense.(10 year)

Asked almost 2 years ago - Billings, MT

Have 2 DUI convictions.2003&2009. Both occured in my personal vehicle. Is there any way to get the CDL back? Programs,etc? Petition?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Mark Alan Mackin

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You need to contact the Dept of Transportation and if you dont like their answer, then contact a a criminal law attorney.

    DISCLAIMER: I am not your attorney and readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk. Any... more
  2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call one of the many attorneys on here who practices in the area where the cases occurred. Most should offer a free consultation, and should be able to answer your questions easily, perhaps after learning more about your cases.

  3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The CDL regulations are based on a federal law. A stupid law in many respects.

    Contact a dui/dwi/owi/drunk driving defense lawyer where the convictions occurred as well as alcohol counseling agencies in the area.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more
  4. Eric P. Pitsch


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . mostly, 1 year suspension for 1st violation, but taken away on second for good. See a local attorney for more detail and help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,299 answers this week

2,897 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,299 answers this week

2,897 attorneys answering