Any way to expedite administrative processing for a doctor?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I am a doctor and got matched into a residency program in US this year. I had my H1b visa interview 2 months back. During the interview Visa officer told me that my visa has been approved but it has been put under administrative processing and was given 221g white paper. I am now worried since it has been two months and it is still under processing. Is there any thing I can do about it? Some one told me that if you are doctor in under serviced areas a letter from the hospital can help in expediting this process. Is that correct.

Thank you

1. 5

Best Answer

Answered . No. The only thing you can do is facilitate a congressional team inquiry into your case. Sometimes it helps to speed things up.

2. 1

Answered . We handle a lot of 221gs at US consulates in India. Were you issued a notice asking for more documents? If yes, what did they ask for? Based on what they were asking for, it is possible to guess what the consulate is looking for.

It is possible to request expediting based on certain factors. We generally call the NVC section head and send a detailed letter explaining why the case should be expedited. We also request that they forward us reasons why it is pending so we may work with them and meet our client's timeline. Sometimes it works wonders.

3. 2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.