Any way to expedite administrative processing for a doctor?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am a doctor and got matched into a residency program in US this year. I had my H1b visa interview 2 months back. During the interview Visa officer told me that my visa has been approved but it has been put under administrative processing and was given 221g white paper. I am now worried since it has been two months and it is still under processing. Is there any thing I can do about it? Some one told me that if you are doctor in under serviced areas a letter from the hospital can help in expediting this process. Is that correct.

Thank you

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . No. The only thing you can do is facilitate a congressional team inquiry into your case. Sometimes it helps to speed things up.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Anu Gupta


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . We handle a lot of 221gs at US consulates in India. Were you issued a notice asking for more documents? If yes, what did they ask for? Based on what they were asking for, it is possible to guess what the consulate is looking for.

    It is possible to request expediting based on certain factors. We generally call the NVC section head and send a detailed letter explaining why the case should be expedited. We also request that they forward us reasons why it is pending so we may work with them and meet our client's timeline. Sometimes it works wonders.

    We may be contacted by scheduling a consultation through our website,, calling us at 800-688-... more
  3. Gen Kimura

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,796 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,796 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering