Any way to expedite administrative processing for a doctor?

New York, NY |

I am a doctor and got matched into a residency program in US this year. I had my H1b visa interview 2 months back. During the interview Visa officer told me that my visa has been approved but it has been put under administrative processing and was given 221g white paper. I am now worried since it has been two months and it is still under processing. Is there any thing I can do about it? Some one told me that if you are doctor in under serviced areas a letter from the hospital can help in expediting this process. Is that correct.

Thank you

No. The only thing you can do is facilitate a congressional team inquiry into your case. Sometimes it helps to speed things up.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree with my colleague.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

3. We handle a lot of 221gs at US consulates in India. Were you issued a notice asking for more documents? If yes, what did they ask for? Based on what they were asking for, it is possible to guess what the consulate is looking for.

It is possible to request expediting based on certain factors. We generally call the NVC section head and send a detailed letter explaining why the case should be expedited. We also request that they forward us reasons why it is pending so we may work with them and meet our client's timeline. Sometimes it works wonders.

We may be contacted by scheduling a consultation through our website, ImmigrationDesk.com, calling us at 800-688-7892, or by emailing us at Info@ImmigrationDesk.com The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.