Any way around the i-864 support form?

Asked over 1 year ago - Naples, FL

I'm Canadian, married to US citizen, pregnant with his baby. He didn't make enough money last year according to the rules of the i-864 form to support me.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Find a cosponsor or give up the immigration quest. This requirement is written into a statute for the reason people would not get around it.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

7

1

Answered . Find a joint sponsor.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

1

Answered . You can have someone act as a cosponsor or perhaps your spouse has assets that will allow him to qualify on that basis

4. J Charles Ferrari

5

1

Answered . No. There is no way around the I-864 Affidavit of support requirement. The petition must file one, regardless of income. If the petitioner's income is not enough, then the petitioner must find o co-sponsor to also file one.