Asked over 2 years ago - Soldotna, AK

It's too political for Alaskan attorneys, or they don't know dental malpractice. Just noticed THIS site has many attorneys recommending people to "contact a dental malpractice attorney" it doesn't even HAVE that area of law listed anywhere! It's too new. So is the type of dental work people are getting done - and often, it's done by dentists with no other training than a weekend seminar. But it can ruin a person's life or even take a life ... so where ARE the dental experts in law? Hmmm ... still looking. I know that "only a fool represents themselves" but I've looked pretty foolish before ... and walked away with the bank. Guess I'll have to do it again if I cannot find SOMEONE who knows their stuff - AND can either practice in Alaska OR who will work with me for a fee.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Benjamin R. Crittenden

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call the Alaska Bar Referral service at the following numbers: (907) 272-0352 or Toll Free in Alaska 1-800-770-9999

    Best of luck.

    Benjamin Crittenden
    Law Office of Benjamin Crittenden
    745 W. 4th Ave., Suite 302
    Anchorage, AK 99501
    P: (907) 771-9002
    F: (907) 277-0536

  2. Marc Edward Stewart

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Dental malpractice is usually not litigated much. For lots of complex reasons. As a result, few attorneys market themselves as "dental malpractice specialists." I suggest finding a lawyer in AK with experience handling medical malpractice claims. The law is the same; all that is different is the medicine. And usually the damage models in dental malpractice cases are prohibitively limited.

  3. Christian K. Lassen II

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You can search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a malpractice lawyer to represent you.

    The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

    Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755
  4. Robert Don Fink

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are having problems locating a lawyer with experience in dental malpractice, call your local or state bar association. I am sure they can help. Worst case scenario, type it in google.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Surgical malpractice and personal injury

Surgical malpractice occurs when a medical professional makes an error during surgery that was both preventable and beyond the normal risks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,083 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,083 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering