Skip to main content

Any suggestions to find an attorney willing to take a "small" PI case in Nashville/Smyrna/Murfreesboro, Tennessee?

Smyrna, TN |

We were in an accident that totaled our car. The other driver was a fault, but quickly changed his story (he ran a red light, we hit him, he now claims we ran the light. No witnesses, no traffic cameras). The police report notes him at fault for driving distracted. We have whiplash injuries on our one driver, and need to replace the car. We had min insurance, so no claim can go through our carrier. Is there a Nashville/Smyrna/Murfreesboro attorney willing to take a small case like this? Two have turned us down already.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. It would be almost impossible for an attorney to determine whether to take a case based on this little information. However, most attorneys, myself included, will offer free consults to discuss your claim in detail. I would note, as an aside, that you need not characterize your case as small. I am quite certain it is not small to you. If an attorney agrees to represent you, he should treat your claim with the same level of diligence as he would any other claim.

  2. It is nearly impossible to answer this question without some specifics. Feel free to contact my office for a free consult. 615-896-5720

    If you find this answer helpful, please let other readers know by marking the answer as "helpful". No discussion on this board is intended to replace the advice or consultation when all facts are disclosed and pleadings reviewed. No attorney client relationship is established by initiating this discussion with the attorney. For further discussion, I can be contacted by phone at 615-896-5720. Most consultations are free. My office is located in Murfreesboro, TN and I am licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee.

  3. I suggest you continue to call personal injury attorneys in your area and schedule a face-to-face meeting.You also can attempt to locate an attorney in your area through the lawyer search feature of this website.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Luckily, a couple lawyers in your state have offered to investigate.

  5. You'll find many attorneys on AVVO, as well as through the referral service of the Nashville Bar Association.

    The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

  6. Need more facts such as the value of the car, any info shared with the at-fault driver, medical expenses to date, etc. I would imagine many attorney's in the mid-state would accept your case.

    I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice only if you are a resident of Tennessee insofar as I only practice in Tennessee.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics