Any snow removal Law in IL? Particularly, if a landlord has a contract with tenants saying that the landlord should remove snow

Peoria, IL |

Particularly, if a landlord has a contract with tenants saying that the landlord should remove snow, and landlord does NOT remove the snow for days, tenants ca NOT get to work, is a tenant able to sue in small claim for breach of contract? Is there any Law in IL stating the amount of time a landlord is given for removing the snow?

Yes, it is mentioned in the contract and the landlord did not remove the snow for 3 days pretending it was to much (8 inches, only) and the entire city has been shut down. This is FALSE ! The landlord has an attorney. I have proof of loss of revenue. The attorney aggressively rejected with arrogance my request of settlement. My question is simple: is there any law in IL that can give a break to the Landlord in this case?? Is there any Law mentioning how long a landlord can be excepted from providing the snow removal service to tenants, as long the contcat states clearly that this task in on Landlord with no specifications? Can the Landlord hide behide any regulation regarding snow removal in IL? Just keep it simple please if you can answer, not send the matter to an attorney...That's just USELESS !

1. Your post raises more questions than answers can provide.

Is the snow removal promise in your lease? Or is it that you know the landlord used to have a contract with a third party to shovel snow? Where was the snow allowed to accumulate? What damages do you have that you can prove?

While there are lots a case opinions about the concerns of removal of natural and unnatural accumulations of snow, until the above (and many more) questions are addressed, far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me.

Your situation is too involved for an online answer.

Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a short free consultation - to discuss your specifics.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-choose-a-lawyer-for-you

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your lease documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.