Any recent approvals of U visa. I filed petition in oct 2013. the quote for this year is full.

Piscataway, NJ |
Filed under: U visa

The current processing time is 6 months.
Will i get my EAD soon if my case is approved?

No one on Avvo could allay your expectations and assure you when you may receive a favorable decision to apply for an EAD, as the USCIS will determine that and based on its caseload the delay may be significant.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

C. C. Abbott

C. C. Abbott

Great answer from my friend in snowy Chicago.

You should be able to, but no one can predict or assure you that.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Recently the site has limited any reasonable opportunity to express agreement with any stated legal opinion by placing a capricious quota on any attorney’s ability to agree. Such limitation does not permit any licensed counsel to contribute to the site discussion freely and voluntarily. Therefore, I am exercising my agreement with the above statement with this option.

It takes over a year to get an approval on a U visa petition. You filed in October. You have a long time to wait.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko