Any program taken as the condition of an acd ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

When you go bac to court for compliance are you still dealing wth da or at that point is it all in the hands of the judge? is the da ouy of my life and im just dealing with the judge or can they still come to court and dictate the case

1. Howard A. Schwartz

4

Answered . As long you have complied with the requirements you are fine. It is between you and the judge. Good luck.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

4

Answered . The DA is still involved as the program was a condition of the ACD.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Marco Caviglia

4

Answered . The prosecutor will become again involved typically only if you do not satisfactorily complete the program. S/he may reactivate the case (it's not dismissed until conditions are done) or the judge can.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

3

Answered . In Manhattan you will usually report to Room 200 on the second floor of 100 Centre Street, Manhattan Criminal Court with a compliance letter showing that you have completed your community service. You will not have to see the judge or the prosecutor if it is just a compliance appearance and the ACD was already granted. If it is an attorney appearance with a judge in a criminal part then the prosecutor is there. If you have to do three days of community service that is 7 hours for each day or 21 hours and the letter must say that you have complete that amount of hours.

5. Kerilyn Elizabeth Micale

1

Answered . The DA will only become involved if you fail to satisfactorily complete the conditions of the ACD.