Any program taken as the condition of an acd ?

Brooklyn, NY |

When you go bac to court for compliance are you still dealing wth da or at that point is it all in the hands of the judge? is the da ouy of my life and im just dealing with the judge or can they still come to court and dictate the case

As long you have complied with the requirements you are fine. It is between you and the judge. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

The DA is still involved as the program was a condition of the ACD.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

The prosecutor will become again involved typically only if you do not satisfactorily complete the program. S/he may reactivate the case (it's not dismissed until conditions are done) or the judge can.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.

If i complete it will they still look to reactivate it?

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

There is no reason to reactivate it if you did everything.

In Manhattan you will usually report to Room 200 on the second floor of 100 Centre Street, Manhattan Criminal Court with a compliance letter showing that you have completed your community service. You will not have to see the judge or the prosecutor if it is just a compliance appearance and the ACD was already granted. If it is an attorney appearance with a judge in a criminal part then the prosecutor is there. If you have to do three days of community service that is 7 hours for each day or 21 hours and the letter must say that you have complete that amount of hours.

Its in brooklyn dv had to take 8 classes to drop order of protection

John J. Carney

John J. Carney

The prosecutor can still give recommendations on the order of protection and will stay on the case.

Im taking the classes so it could get limited

The DA will only become involved if you fail to satisfactorily complete the conditions of the ACD.