Any pro bono lawyers for a murder retrial in Texas?

Laurel, MS |

My boyfriend is currently serving a 30yr - life sentence in Amarillo, TX. He is accused of committing a murder almost 12 years ago. He has been in prison since 2002. His brother made a deal with the DA and got an 8 year sentence, and his cousin got a 22 year sentence. We feel that because he was the oldest, he got the harshest sentence. The DA at the time told my boyfriend that if he would turn on his brother, that he would cut him a deal, but my boyfriend refused to do so, and in turn ended up with the harshest sentence. There is a lot of accomplice testimony that seems to have been submitted and used, although documentation says otherwise. He really wants to be free and we have spent tons of money on bogus lawyers. Please help!!

Please post this in the Texas area

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

Agree with Mr. Ferrington - needs to be posted in Texas area of the website.

I agree.. but getting an experienced attorney pro bono will be tough. You may get an eager young attorney looking to get his/her first homicide out to gain experience which may not be in your best interest. There is always the Public Defenders as well..

Pro bono representation topics

Recommended articles about Pro bono representation