Any plea possible for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge?

Jacksonville, TX |

My 20yr old son pulled his wife from the pass. seat of their car, she went into the back seat to get her belongings..when he drove off she was still standing by the car and he accidentally ran over/hit her foot with the back tire. No major injury was obtained. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon..he has no prior arrests for domestic violence issues or violence of any kind..and they are charging him with the felony..i told him to plead nt gulity and to obtain a lawyer but we are just dumbfounded with these charges..esp. the lenghty prison sentences it carries..can anyone please give me some advice..

You gave your son the best advice and same advice I would give him, as a former prosecutor and police officer. Get him a very good criminal defense attorney and they will know how to handle this case. Although these domestic violence/aggravated assault have a range of punishment that are frightening, most of these 1st offense cases are settled with a favorable plea bargain. Go get that attorney on board!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at