Any plea possible for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge?

Asked over 2 years ago - Jacksonville, TX

My 20yr old son pulled his wife from the pass. seat of their car, she went into the back seat to get her belongings..when he drove off she was still standing by the car and he accidentally ran over/hit her foot with the back tire. No major injury was obtained. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon..he has no prior arrests for domestic violence issues or violence of any kind..and they are charging him with the felony..i told him to plead nt gulity and to obtain a lawyer but we are just dumbfounded with these charges..esp. the lenghty prison sentences it carries..can anyone please give me some advice..

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . You gave your son the best advice and same advice I would give him, as a former prosecutor and police officer. Get him a very good criminal defense attorney and they will know how to handle this case. Although these domestic violence/aggravated assault have a range of punishment that are frightening, most of these 1st offense cases are settled with a favorable plea bargain. Go get that attorney on board!