Any licenses needed to start up a sole proprietorship?

Asked about 2 years ago - Berlin, MD

I want to start a beach umbrella rental business as a sole proprietor. Do I need to file anything with the state before I start?

1. Philip Leon Marcus

1

1

Answered . Not as such, but you will probably need a trader's license from the city. You will also need a "license" to collect sales taxes--really just an ID number. You get that from the State Dept of Assessments. I am attaching a helpful link they have.

Contact me if you have any other legal issues, or to discuss why you may benefit from having an LLC.

2. Reese Serra

1

1

Answered . No- you are the business. There is nothing to file. Just remember to report your income! Also, you will have personal liability for all debts of the sole proprietorship business. Good luck!