Skip to main content

Any lawyer in El Centro ? I need help to make a decision "To sue or not to sue"

Salton City, CA |

Case involves my civil right violation, interfere with business resulting in loss. Possible conspiracy to obstruct business and scam for quick money by a tenant. ... in Confidential subject: I will fetch some document if interested to your interest... factual lost is for small claim but by violation there could be more ... from harassment, scam. ... Please let me know. Thanks
PS: due to retirement income I only can use a contingent case.

Attorney Answers 3


Unfortunately, this forum is not for attorney solicitation. However, you can try to find a local attorney by using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" tool above or by contacting your local bar association for a referral.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You post falls outside the Terms of Use of this site. Recommend you call your state or county bar association and request a referral or contact legal aid in your area to see if you qualify for assistance. FWIW, unlikely you'll be able to find a contingency payment plan on the facts you provided.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


As indicated by the other responses, this forum doesn't really function as a jobs bulletin board, so you may not get much in the way of a response to your post. Your best bet is to use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find attorneys in your area to consult with... If you have a civil rights case that has merit attorneys who handle such cases often take them on the basis that if you prevail you are entitled to an award of attorney fees. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics