Any idea why N-400 was rejected?

Tampa, FL |

The action notice says because I filed too early, but I actually filed 90 days + 1 wk after the day I became eligible for citizenship yet it was rejected. My permanent resident card is actually good for 11 years because it was produced a year after I became a permanent resident because of errors committed by the USCIS officials could have the production of my card a year later be a factor in my rejection notice or could it just be simple error?

1. Without looking at the documentation it is difficult to tell why your application was rejected. The fact that your card is good for 11 years is indicative of a possible problem as cards can only be good for 2 or 10 years. There is no such things as an 11 year card.

The date you became a permanent resident should be on your card. If that is not correct it could lead to a rejection. The date the card was produced is not the date you became a resident.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your documents and give you a answer specific to the facts of your case and advise you the best way to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

2. Not really. Make an INFOPASS appointment at your local USCIS office to inquire and be explained the reasons for the denial.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

4. We cannot tell you why your application was rejected if we have not had an opportunity to review the rejection notice. It is likely that your "11 year green card" which actually doesn't exist, is to blame. Consult with an immigration attorney to determine the best way forward. This is not the time to resort to self-help.

5. You should consult with an immigration attorney to review your documentation and to discuss the facts of your case. A simple consultation may reveal what the problem is.

This answer is for general information purposes only and does not create an attorney/client relationship. You should seek qualified immigration legal counsel who can review your case in depth and provide you with advice specific to your situation. To schedule a free initial consultation with Attorney Kevin D. Slattery, call +1-813-839-7474 or email him at kslattery@slattery-law.com.