Skip to main content

Any hours completed after date of arrest valid for probation even before the closing of case?

Marietta, GA |

On probation in Cobb County State

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Yes. They should be.

  2. Are you talking about community service hours? Assuming so, yes, they should count so long as they are at an approved place. Generally speaking, Cobb will accept community service from any certified charity/non-profit in GA.

  3. That is usually the case, yes. But it is subject to differences in County practices and probation approval of the location.

  4. That should not be a problem. Just get the hours documented and give them to probation. Also, it might be a good idea to ask the Judge when you are sentenced to give you credit for hours you can prove to probation.

    The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP EMAIL:, OFFICES: 53 W. Candler St., Winder, Ga. 30680, 106 Washington Street, Jefferson, Ga. 30549, Or 718 Oak St. Gainesville, Georgia. PHONE: (770) 307-4899 or (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

  5. Yes.

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics