Any defense for not receiving a traffic citation before scheduled arraignment?

Campton, KY |

I was pulled over for allegedly speeding. The officer took my lisence and registration, then came back and told me he was letting me go because something else had come up that he had to deal with. He did not give me a ticket / citation of any form. Today, in the mail, I received a notice of arraignment (still no copy of the citation). Any known defense for never issuing a citation to me?

You nee to go to court for the arraignment as directed.
If you want to contest the citation consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area:

Wait until you are served with the citation and review it with counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

TYPO : need

You are entitled to receive the citation before your trial. The arraignment will advise you of the charges against you. You need to appear. If you wish to fight the ticket, I suggest hiring an attorney in your area.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.