Any defense for not receiving a traffic citation before scheduled arraignment?

Asked 10 months ago - Campton, KY

I was pulled over for allegedly speeding. The officer took my lisence and registration, then came back and told me he was letting me go because something else had come up that he had to deal with. He did not give me a ticket / citation of any form. Today, in the mail, I received a notice of arraignment (still no copy of the citation). Any known defense for never issuing a citation to me?

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You nee to go to court for the arraignment as directed.
    If you want to contest the citation consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area: www.kacdl.net

Wait until you are served with the citation and review it with counsel.

2. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . You are entitled to receive the citation before your trial. The arraignment will advise you of the charges against you. You need to appear. If you wish to fight the ticket, I suggest hiring an attorney in your area.