Any chance to win a personal injury suite involving a pedestrian struck by a train on a bridge.

Asked about 1 year ago - Austin, TX

Train was a capital metro electric railway going 40 miles an hour

1. George Costas Andriotis

14

Answered . Much more information is needed to evaluate liability and other determining factors before answering your question.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Byron Craig Alfred

11

Answered . Without more information about the facts of your case, I cannot comment about whether the rail-company can be held liable.

Tell me more about how the pedestrian was struck.

3. Joseph M Martinous Jr.

Pro

12

1

Answered . Need more info to answer your question. I suggest you contact a local personal injury attorney. AVVO lists many such attorneys that offer free consultations. Best of luck.

4. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

8

1

Best Answer

Answered . There is always a chance that a case can be won, especially depending upon the train's knowledge of your presence, the time of day and how you were injured. Don't give up just because other lawyers are not interested in your case. The first thing we need to do is preserve the evidence by sending a letter to the company and police to save any videos/pictures. Next, we need to obtain your medical records to evaluate the value of your case and make a demand. If you have any questions or just want to know your rights please do not hesitate to call or add a comment.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . Not enough facts to comment.

6. Curtis James Bickers

8

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys that more information is needed to answer your question. Contact a local attorney who specializes in personal injury lawsuits.

7. Alan James Brinkmeier

8

Answered . Placement of pedestrian raises a high level of assumption of a dangerous risk and contributory negligence.

Pro

8

Answered . More information is needed to evaluate. Contact one of the above lawyers in your state to discuss.

9. Richard L. Armstrong

2

Answered . Of course, there is always a "chance to win" such a suit; however, the key is to know the factual details surrounding the accident. Was the person already on the bridge when the train approached? How far away was the train when the pedestrian saw it? What efforts were made to stop the train and when? A litany of other questions will need to be answered before the relative strength of the claim can be evaluated.