Any chance in appealing UC Berkeley's decision on CA Residency for tuition purposes? Please HELP!

Berkeley, CA |

I am a newly admitted UCB transfer from a CA Community College and was denied residency for indicating an out-of-state dr. license on my Statement of Legal Residence. I was unable to apply for CA DL due to immigration documents being stolen a few years back. I am finally in the process of replacing them and obtaining a CA DL; however, it may take a few months before my request is processed by the USCIS and DMV.
Do I have a chance in appealing? I've lived, worked, payed my taxes, had bank accounts, phone bills, medical bills in CA for the last 4.5 years. Besides, I was paying in-state tuition in my Community college for 3 yrs and was qualified financial aid.

And my biggest concern: if my appeal is denied, do I still keep my right to apply again in October for the Spring semester?

Thanks!

1. There is almost always some appeal process. The question is whether you can come up with the proof in time. Definitely appeal and/or find an attorney to help you through the process.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia