Any attorneys negotiate automobile body claims w/ insurance co? Thinking of hiring one but small claims might get better results

Asked 10 months ago - Vacaville, CA

Feel like I am being low-balled on my repair claim. They may fight small claims, or settle. Don't know? Any experience with this is greatly appreciated.

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

1

Answered . Often the ins co will increase its offer before the small claims hearing, to save its insured the hassle. I suppose it depends upon how big the dispute is, and how strong your case is. It is fast and cheap enough to go to small claims. Usually there aren't enough dollars at issue to make it worth an atty to negotiate, and make it worth paying the lawyer to do so. If there is a big property damage claim, it may be economically feasible.

2. Jason Todd Studinski

7

Best Answer

Answered . I suggest you consult with a good local lawyer (usually a free iniital consultation) and then determine whether you want to retain counsel or handle it on your own through small claims court. Good luck.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

1

Answered . What is the amount of your dispute?

Pro

4

Answered . Lawyer likely is best bet for maximum compensation. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a LOW contingency fee. Good luck.

5. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

2

Answered . See other answers.

6. Michael Shemtoub

2

Answered . I live and work in California and deal with accidents like yours all the time, so I am happy to answer your question. Your gut instinct is right that you have questions regarding your rights and your case. I've handled a good amount of accident cases and know that insurance companies give cases like yours a hard time even if the police report finds the other person at fault. You should hire an attorney now before you hurt your case (happens unfortunately very often). You should hire a lawyer to help you out with the claim because regardless of the outcome of the police report insurance companies give unrepresented people a tough time. I've handled cases and referred clients to great doctors in the Vacaville, CA area.

At our firm we always refer clients to all kinds of doctors and chiropractors when our clients are injured and our clients never pay anything upfront, not even a copay. The doctors are willing to do this because an attorney is on board. You are entitled to have your property damage, medical bills and future medical expenses PAID FOR BY THE OTHER PARTY'S INSURANCE (or your uninsured motorist policy). The attorney you hire will handle the claims process from start to finish.

But you are going to need to see a specliast to even get a shot at getting future medical treatment from the Defendant. Moreover it sounds like the accident is completely the other persons fault so you don't want this case to become a difficult one because of lack of inattention. The insurance company will make you believe that your case is worth very little... Regarding pain and suffering, you need to speak to an experienced attorney that can strategize your case. Just because you were in an accident doesn't mean you have pain and suffering, at least thats what the insurance companies think. Make no doubt about it you have a great case, but you need help from a professional. You are entitled to your medical bills being covered as well.

Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hired can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case. There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled cases and/or spoken to clients in the Vacaville, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that the insurance company will offer you by yourself. Make your life easier and call an attorney today, you won't regret it.

7. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Answered . First you need evidence to support your claim. Without that the lawyer is but a magician and the Court an echo chamber.