Any attorneys experienced on L1a Visas & small business?Areas I need to focus on when preparing L1a application?ThankYou

Orlando, FL |

We are a small to medium sized company, have 15 managerial and additional support staff consisting of accountants, housekeepers, and repair contractors. Our Canadian office and American offices are incorporated. My family has been working in Real Estate for over 30 years and my property management company owns and manages eight properties in the USA and six properties and a Canadian Post Office in Canada. We provide accommodations for 4 families and about 50 tenants on 1 year leases. Our properties are clear titled. I need the L1a Visa for myself as I often perform executive policies/managerial hiring. I regularly travel to oversee our operations and train our American staff to adhere and implement: new rules, quality control, interviews.Obtaining a green card and blanket L1a are goals.

The "areas" you'll need to focus on when putting together an L-1A petition for a small business like yours are far too numerous and laborious with details. The strategy is also crucial. All of that is far too laborious to explain on a quick free consultation on the Internet. You'll need to schedule a consultation with an experienced business immigration lawyer for this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Based upon these facts it would appear you are eligible for an L-1A visa. The Avvo terms of service (not to mention Bar rules) prevent attorneys from soliciting cases in this forum. L-1 visa cases are complex and take time to evaluate. There may be other and/or better options available to you as well depending on the facts of your case. An experienced immigration attorney can help you make this determination and put you on the course of success.

You can find a qualified and experienced attorney by reading attorneys biographies and client reviews on Avvo and through the American Immigration Lawyers Association (www.aila.org). For assistance on what to look for when hiring an immigration attorney click on the link below.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Without retaining an experienced attorney versed in immigrant visas I personally do not know how it would be possible to facilitate your variable objectives by one online paragraph.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Based on the initial information you have provided you appear to have most of the basic requirements for the L visa. The process has a lot of details and you will be well served to retain legal assistance from an immigration attorney going forward with the process.

321.208.7324
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
Baldwin Park Center
4767 New Broad Street
Orlando, Florida 32814

Hello. Please review the requirements for an L-1A petition. http://www.nejamelaw.com/articles/l1-visa-preventing-surviving-request-for-evidence.html It appears that you qualify, but many petitioners encounter some basic issues since they fail to document their case properly. Please be sure to hire an experienced immigration attorney. Best regards,

Provided that you can show that you can show the required degree of affiliation between the Canadian and US entities, and demonstrate that you do, in fact, perform managerial functions within the foreign entity, you may be able to obtain an L-1A visa to the US. Under certain circumstances, you may be able to go straight for the green card, without doing an L1-A first. I would highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss your immigration objectives in light of your commercial goals. Best of luck!