Skip to main content

Any attorney with experience in Kings County?

Brooklyn, NY |

I filled for Uncontested Divorce in Kings County and my appearance date (09.05) finally came up. I heard that in Kings appearance and disposition date usually happens on the same day. Checking on the e-file, my divorce still active. I know that takes a couple of weeks to show on the e-file but hearing about the delays and backlogs, how long does it usually take to show on the e-file and I get a certified copy of my divorce decree?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. it still needs to be entered in the county clerk office which can take a few days. you can always call and ask for an update on the status of your divorce and when you would be able to get a copy of your decree

  2. I do not recommend using ecourts to track the entry of your judgment, but rather phone contact with the clerk.

    Good luck.

  3. Best way to know when your judgment is ready to be pickup is by checking with the county clerk. Here is the link:

  4. Even an uncontested divorce is not immediate. Usually there is a six month waiting period for Entry of Judgment of Divorce. You should contact the Clerk of the Matrimonial Part, Supreme Court Kings County (718) 675-7699) to check the status of the case. Have your index number handy. Alternatively, you can go to the court and check on the status of your case on the computers using either the index number or the name of the parties.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics