Any alternative other than prison for probation violation?

Asked about 5 years ago - Rogers, AR

I am on probation SES in missouri for a 4th dwi. I went to pay on my fine the other day and was found in contempt of court because i was intoxicated. This is my only violation. Is there any alternative other than prison?

1. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . A standard condition of probation is no use of alcohol. That is the basis for the violation and the basis for the charge for which you were on probation. Consult with an AR lawyer immediately, to see what impact you voluntarily entering an in-patient program might have on the Court who will be reviewing the VOP. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

2. Edward Jerome Blum

Answered . I don't practice in MO. You could ask to be placed in an in-house alcohol recovery program. Showing up drunk for court, seems like you may have a problem.

Edward J. Blum