Skip to main content

Any alternative other than prison for probation violation?

Rogers, AR |

I am on probation SES in missouri for a 4th dwi. I went to pay on my fine the other day and was found in contempt of court because i was intoxicated. This is my only violation. Is there any alternative other than prison?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. A standard condition of probation is no use of alcohol. That is the basis for the violation and the basis for the charge for which you were on probation. Consult with an AR lawyer immediately, to see what impact you voluntarily entering an in-patient program might have on the Court who will be reviewing the VOP. Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

  2. I don't practice in MO. You could ask to be placed in an in-house alcohol recovery program. Showing up drunk for court, seems like you may have a problem.

    Edward J. Blum

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics