Skip to main content

Any advice on dealing with the Rubin and Rothman Law firm reguarding 6K owed to Capitol One bank?

Baldwin, NY |

No law suit yet.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Get a lawyer to negotiate the debt on your behalf

  2. Also consider your option to file bankruptcy if you have additional debts.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  3. I have dealt with them and have gotten low settlements, but, as always,
    past performance is no guarantee of future results. Speak with an attorney.

    Sincerely, Roman Aminov, Esq.
    Law Offices of Roman Aminov
    147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
    P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344 |

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship has been formed. Before choosing a course of action, it is always advisable to seek the advice of an attorney in your area.

  4. Send them a certified letter that they are only to correspond in writing. In the letter, ask them to validate the debt under fair debt collections practices act and have them remove it from your credit within 30 days under the fair credit reporting act if not validated. Have an attorney ready to answer the complaint if they serve you and then have the attorney serve them with a discovery request. (All of this is very technical and I would not recommend you do this yourself). Then have your attorney negotiate with them once you have raised the cost of their collections. You almost always will have a better result.

    This answer is made for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party, any partnership, investment plan, arrangement, legal structure or other transaction addressed herein.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics