Any Advice! My lawyer filed My 1-360 Vawa, i-485,i-765 concurrently. She use C31 Category for 1-765 work permit is that correct?

Anaheim, CA |

Until now i havent receive any Biometric Appointment for work permit and I am so worried its been 2 months! some said is should use C9 Category for VAWA pending and AOS Im so confused! did my lawyer made some error. Please Help i need a work permit!

1. Yes, (c)(31) is the correct designation for a VAWA self petitioner.

2. Instructions for I-765 would provide answers. c31 could be used, c9 for pending adjustment

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

3. Either designation would be OK and should not be a reason for the delay. As of now, many biometric processing centers have been backlogged because of the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). That may be the reason. If you are very concerned, you can request an infopass (infopass.uscis.gov) and see what is going on with your case. I wouldn't worry about it to much for now but if it takes more than 90 days, then I would make an infopass appointment or have your attorney schedule it. Hope this helps!

The answers provided should not be considered legal advice. They are for general information only. It is always recommended you consult with an attorney prior to taking any action.