Answer to Limited Civil Lawsuit (Rule 3.740 Collections) to include Cross-Complaint for Violation of FDCPA - how do I do it?

Asked about 2 years ago - Morgan Hill, CA

Received today in the mail Summons for a Limited Civil Case (debt-collection in CA for $11.9K) that was filed October 4, 2012. No Proof of Service included. I am now preparing to file the Answer and would like to know how to file cross-complaint for harrassment (FDCPA 806 - engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, harrass, and 807 - misleading representations). I have no tangible evidence at the moment except the complaint reference # that was given to me by FTC when I filed complaint. I am also looking at serving Discoveries - Production of Documents --- those conversations would then show up as an evidence.
Thank you for your help.

1. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

2

1

Answered . Your best bet for filing a cross-complaint is consulting with an attorney in the matter. Mr. Sullivan has offered to speak with you regarding his assistance in this matter. I would strongly suggest you consider retaining counsel for this. Lawsuits are complicated and you could cause yourself irreparable harm by trying it yourself.

One or more answers have been taken down.