Anesthesia charges

Houston, TX |

I had a wisdom tooth extracted 3 weeks go and it took like 15 to 20 minutes cause it was already cracked to begin with so it was a quick and painless recovery . . but my insurance only pays the first 30 minutes of anesthesia if it takes longer and I need to have more anesthesia for my sedation then it comes out of my pocket . . but it didn't take longer than 30 minutes and my sister was there . why would they put it in my paperwork that I needed more anesthesia 3 to be exact ? Plus they charged me and my insurance before I even had the procedure done , I paid upfront $ 520 and the rest was charged to my dental insurance ? I find this not right . . any thoughts ? Thank you for your time .

I don't see a medical malpractice case here based upon the damages. You may want to speak to the billing manager and see if you can work out a negotiated rate. Good luck!!

Both you and your sister need to meet with the office manager and tell them what happened and the fact that the billing is incorrect. See what the response is before going any further.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Speak with the office manager to get to the bottom of this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Recommended articles about Personal injury