An undocumented immigrant entering sweepstakes

Torrance, CA |

Dear immigration lawyers,
I am a Dream Act student who desperately needs money for college and entered sweepstakes sponsored by both survey companies and major companies like Coca Cola.
I have become undocumented because my parents have been scammed by con artists. If I enter those sweepstakes and win the prize, can I face deportation due to publicity? I have a valid social security and driver license, so that is why I have entered sweepstakes.

1. I hope ypu win. However, some of the sweepstakes have rules, check if it requires you to be an
    LPR or USC.

Goodluck.

2. Good Luck. The California Dream Act will provide you with its proections within California university system. As to the enetering the sweepstakes, many have requirements that need to be met to qualify for the award.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. The individual sweepstakes rules will apply, but even if you are disqualified, they are typically not reporting anything to the USCIS. Please be sure you do not make any false claim to US citizenship, this will result in a permanent bar to permanent residence.

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

4. I agree with attorney Eddings.

Education law topics