An officer told me that if i wanted to be in the police field that they wouldnt want me due to the fact tht i lied.Is that true?

Rock Hill, SC |
Filed under: Civil rights

A while back during school break i was out after curfew about 2:30am and i was with my boyfriend &went to the park.We were in the back seat listening to music. We then saw a bright light & a police officer asked us to get out so we did. She asked us our names &age. i was afraid that the 2 year age difference between me &my boyfriend would matter so i said i was one year younger than him. So they had us stand outside &call our parents and my parents didnt answer after many calls because they were of course asleep. So then they started to ask me questions&felt really bad tht i had lied to the police so i told them i lied&told them my real age&they hang cuffed me and took me to the police station. They then had a police officer go to my house and wake my parents up.they then came&got me.

If you didn't get charged with a crime or a juvenile offense how will other offficers or police departments know?

Your question is somewhat confusing. By "in the police field" do you mean get a job as a police officer?

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

Why not aspire to something better. We are in the age of computers. How about learning about 3 D printing which is huge.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights