An obgyn gave me a tummy tuck while performing a hysterectomy on me, it went really bad. what should i do

Asked almost 2 years ago - Loris, SC

7 mths ago i had to have an emergency hysterectomy, i was told by the nurses he would give me a free tummy tuck if i asked and of course i did, but i thought it was something he really knew how to do. It looks like a ditch and i've had many problems with it, i went back to him last mth and he tried to convience me it was still healing, then before i left he said he didn't know why it did that. it popped open in the middle and i had to have it sewn up again. there was no drainage tube and a hole came in the middle, so much came out you could actually look down into my tummy. it is still very tender, i would have rather left it the way it looked before, i knew threre would be a scar but nothin like this, from how much he said he cut off i couldn't believe it.

1. Ryan S Montgomery

Pro

7

Answered . Hire a SC med malpractice lawyer. I am happy to refer you.

2. David J. McCormick

8

Answered . Go see a plastic surgeon ASAP for a second opinion. Depending how this visit goes, you will know if you have to contact a medical malpractice attorney.

Pro

8

Answered . Have a local med mal lawyer order all your medical records and bills and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Lionel Stukes Lofton

5

Answered . I would recommend you contact a medical malpractice attorney and seek his opinion . He can discuss with you your options once he has all of the facts.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

6

Answered . Get your medical records, have another doctor examine you and the records and hire a local counsel to evaluate your case. Best of luck.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my responding colleagues. You should receive a second opinion from another doctor and possibly retain an attorney to review the pertinent medical records and discuss your potential legal options.

7. Guy Irvin Wade III

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Get a second opinion from another doctor and then consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your area. You can search for one on google or right here at AVVO. You will certainly find many fine options to choose from. Good luck.