Skip to main content

An obgyn gave me a tummy tuck while performing a hysterectomy on me, it went really bad. what should i do

Loris, SC |

7 mths ago i had to have an emergency hysterectomy, i was told by the nurses he would give me a free tummy tuck if i asked and of course i did, but i thought it was something he really knew how to do. It looks like a ditch and i've had many problems with it, i went back to him last mth and he tried to convience me it was still healing, then before i left he said he didn't know why it did that. it popped open in the middle and i had to have it sewn up again. there was no drainage tube and a hole came in the middle, so much came out you could actually look down into my tummy. it is still very tender, i would have rather left it the way it looked before, i knew threre would be a scar but nothin like this, from how much he said he cut off i couldn't believe it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Go see a plastic surgeon ASAP for a second opinion. Depending how this visit goes, you will know if you have to contact a medical malpractice attorney.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Get your medical records, have another doctor examine you and the records and hire a local counsel to evaluate your case. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., aka El Abogado de Divocios de California: 510-206-4492. It is of a general context and is not intended to form an attorney client relationship. I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on divorce, family matters, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Bancarrotas, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Bancarrotas de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


I agree with my responding colleagues. You should receive a second opinion from another doctor and possibly retain an attorney to review the pertinent medical records and discuss your potential legal options.


Hire a SC med malpractice lawyer. I am happy to refer you.


I agree with my colleagues. Get a second opinion from another doctor and then consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your area. You can search for one on google or right here at AVVO. You will certainly find many fine options to choose from. Good luck.

I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.


Have a local med mal lawyer order all your medical records and bills and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I would recommend you contact a medical malpractice attorney and seek his opinion . He can discuss with you your options once he has all of the facts.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer