Skip to main content

An estate attorney made a big mistake in advice for beneficiary designations regarding my Trust...subsequently great sums of mon

Webster, NY |

Subsequently great sums of money have been spent on many issues. Most importantly, the IRA was not put into the Trust as liquid $ but as an inherited IRA. The Trustee (a bank) can not access these funds (without penalty) and has now moved to dissolve the Trust because it is uneconomical. Can I sue this attorney for all the damage caused by his mistake?

Attorney Answers 2


You need an attorney who handles legal malpractice cases to evaluate your situation.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Your issue requires an in depth factual analysis of the situation by a local malpractice attorney. If you need a referral, try the local bar association or the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics