An estate attorney made a big mistake in advice for beneficiary designations regarding my Trust...subsequently great sums of mon

Webster, NY |

Subsequently great sums of money have been spent on many issues. Most importantly, the IRA was not put into the Trust as liquid $ but as an inherited IRA. The Trustee (a bank) can not access these funds (without penalty) and has now moved to dissolve the Trust because it is uneconomical. Can I sue this attorney for all the damage caused by his mistake?

You need an attorney who handles legal malpractice cases to evaluate your situation.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Your issue requires an in depth factual analysis of the situation by a local malpractice attorney. If you need a referral, try the local bar association or the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates