An entitlement on my military contract is not being met, can I request a discharge and is the contract void?

Chula Vista, CA |

I have been in the National Guard for a few years and joined for an entitlement to assist in school, this is clearly stated in my contract. I was denied this entitlement and have tried to get help on my issue with no response. I have grown tired of fullfilling my contract obligations when the military has not fullfilled theirs. Can I request a discharge since I am not getting what I was promised, and is this contract considered void?

You can request separation and state the reason. It does not have to be granted.
    You might be able to petition for a correction of records if there is some discrepancy with your contract and other records.
    Yes, a reason for joining the military is to gain education benefits. However, not all such benefits accrue until after you have completed any contract and being honorably discharged.
    So as Mr. Rafter indicates, not enough facts.

mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Short answer, no.

You did not give any specific facts about what you think was not provided and why you think it was not provided, so its not possible to comment on your specific situation.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

3. Talk to the Judge Advocate General rep on base. Do not do anything without seeking counsel.

Military law topics