An automobile accident happened in November, 2010.

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

My case is handled by local law firm. However, I was told by the law firm that if the medical provider does not accepted Letter Of Protection, the law firm cannot do anything, and I received harassing calls and mails constantly. What to do?

1. Blane Gerard McCarthy

7

Answered . It sounds like you have an insurance coverage issue, because you have no PIP coverage (coverage lapsed, riding in another's car, etc.) and/or no health insurance. Under those situations, doctors are not receiving immediate payment for their bills, which causes many doctors to decline involvement. Letters of Protection (LOP) are the primary way around this problem, but many doctors refuse LOPs.

I agree that you should have a conference with your local lawyer. If he/she refuses or declines your case, you should definitely seek another Jacksonville lawyer's opinion. I'd be happy to be contacted if you want to discuss this further.

2. Charles B. Upton II

6

Answered . Contact your attorney and speak with them about your question.

3. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . You need to contact your lawyer to discuss these issues. Set up a meeting and sit down and discuss these issues.

Pro

6

Answered . It might be prudent to also change your phone number.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

4

Answered . I suggest that you schedule a face-to-face meeting with your attorney and address these issues in person.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.