Skip to main content

An attorney entering false information in a child support order knowingly.

Rutherfordton, NC |

I just received a child support order signed by a judge and written by my ex's attorney. My ex answered Discovery Questions by stating he makes 55k/year. He then stated that this year he will be short $5500, because he has lost accounts through no fault of his own. His income is commission based, but stays in the same ballpark each year. End result was we got joint/shared legal custody. The ex's attorney filled out the primary custody worksheet, which I can assume was a mistake. But, she entered his income as 42k/year. Is this not misconduct considering the ex handed over his discovery questions to her for her to submit to my attorney? Therefore she knew he made 55k, but she substracted 13k instead of 5500. Which has resulted in a huge child support difference.

Attorney Answers 1


It is difficult to answer your question based on the information provided. It sounds as if you have an attorney and that you went to court to determine support. If the order signed by the judge is not in keeping with the evidence submitted at trial, or is not in keeping with what the judge decided, then there needs to be a Motion filed for relief from that order. However, it is certainly unclear from the information you give exactly what happened. Your attorney certainly should be able to answer your question.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics