An 'on line' school I attended claims I owe them 2000 for a class I dropped. I am on financial Aide, what should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wilson, NC

I only have three classes to finish. I asked the professor if I could drop because I was 'ill'. She said she would check will admissions and got back to me and said it would be a W. So I dropped. I later went to re enroll and was told I couldn't till I paid the 2000 dollars, I explained I am on financial aid and on disability, so I don't have that kind of money. So Finances said when you get your award we will just keep 2000 and go from there...but this a hole in collections said no. MY loans are completely forgiven due to my disability. I can't even start somewhere else because he has my transcripts hostage

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Elliott H Stone

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Your school is not allowed to do this. I would try to talk to the president of the school.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,734 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,734 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering