Amended H1B and / or new LAC ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am currently on H1B visa for one year . My employer offered me a new position in the same department and in the same location . The new job is in the same field ( information technology ) but the job description is slightly different . My current job targets IT user support and analysis and the new job targets IT network support . Somewhere there the jobs overlap . My current job involves network support . The new job will involve user support . 1 . Do I have to get an amended H1B , a new LAC , both , or none ? 2 . What is the cost of each ( H1B , LAC ) ? 3 . Can I start working on the new position after I receive the receipt or just after I get the approval ? Thank you very much .

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with attorney Pollak. You need to tell you employer to get an immigration attorney on board. There are plenty in LA. If they already have one, you may want to start with one. You do need to file an amendment to your H1B. Receipt will be sufficient.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should not be worrying about this issue at all. The company should consult with an immigration attorney regarding the steps to be taken to ensure compliance with regulations. This is not your job; especially inquiring about costs associated with these filings as the employer is required to pay for them.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

1

Answered . Consult with counsel who can examine both jobs. If it is only slightly different you do not need to file an amended H or new LCA

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.