Ambiguous business policy

Asked about 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I got involved in online trading with Tradersroom.com. At that time, they had a promotion, which they called bonus that if i deposited $5k, i would get $2500 bonus. When i realized i was losing all my money and had $5029 in my account with Tradersroom, and wanted to withdraw the money, they told me i needed to leave $2500 of the bonus. They did not specify, at any time, that the such called bonus was in reality a loan. Now i am losing this money that i pretended to invest for college. What can i do?

1. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . This is why you should always read the fine print. As with most offers, there are always strings attached. If it was as simple as depositing $5000 and getting an immediate 50% bonus on your money, they would be bankrupt within a week. You need to reread the terms of the offer and I am sure you will find the restrictions that they are applying now. If by some chance they do not, I suggest you contact the Attorney General's Office but I would be astonished if they weren't there.

2. Michael David Siegel

Pro

Answered . Your case will be governed by your agreement. I am fairly certain you are required to do a NASD arbitration. Thus, you cannot just sue. This is hard to do without a lawyer. Plus you have a hard case.