Am ProPer and confused with discovery. Defendant objects to form interrogatories saying term "incident" is too vague

Oakland, CA |
Filed under: Discovery

I missed deadline to ask for additional info; however I now realize that responses to all discovery (interrogatories, admissions and documents) did not arrive with verification. There is page saying verification to follow; yet no verification was attached. I subsequently asked for additional discovery and found responses equally deficient-but did have verification. 1) Can I still challenge old discovery since it lacked verifications? 2. Tips on understanding if responses would be viewed by the court as deficient and evasive? Thanks

1. Incident has two meaings
    Incident = Liable to happen because of; resulting from
    OR
    Incidnet = an event or happening

Did you define it?

2. You should consider hiring a lawyer to handle this matter. The discovery process is very technical and lawyers spend years mastering this area of law.

None of the information on this site constitutes legal advice. It is an ad for attorney services. The attorneys at DeDecker & Meltzer are licensed attorneys in the state of California. The information is intended to be general in nature as there are many laws and regulations not mentioned on this site that may apply to your situation. No attorney-client relationship is created between you and the Law Office of DeDecker & Meltzer unless a signed written fee agreement exists. You should not rely or act upon the information provided on this site without seeking the advice from an attorney.

3. Within the body of the Form Interrogatories, it defines what “incident” means. There should be no confusion.

John N. Kitta
    Fremont

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.