Am on removal proceedings because am out of status and was working illegally without authorization.

Kansas City, MO |

in the job application i said i was a citizen which i was charged with.i went to the immigration court last week and the judge told me it was a serious case and he gave me a one year extension but he told me next time i should be ready to leave the country.i have a fiance and we getting ready to get married is there a way i can fight the case and avoid being deported?

1. My recommendation is to sit down, in person, with an experienced attorney in your area. In my opinion, this forum is not the best approach to dealing with such a serious immigration issue. Falsely claiming to be a US Citizen is a very serious charge and could potentially bar you from obtaining any future immigration benefits.

2. Hire a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out. Claiming to be a U.S. Citizen when you are not is a SERIOUS OFFENSE!! Seek attorney representation immediately!!

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.