Am on removal proceedings because am out of status and was working illegally without authorization.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Kansas City, MO

in the job application i said i was a citizen which i was charged with.i went to the immigration court last week and the judge told me it was a serious case and he gave me a one year extension but he told me next time i should be ready to leave the country.i have a fiance and we getting ready to get married is there a way i can fight the case and avoid being deported?

1. Michael Haven

3

Answered . My recommendation is to sit down, in person, with an experienced attorney in your area. In my opinion, this forum is not the best approach to dealing with such a serious immigration issue. Falsely claiming to be a US Citizen is a very serious charge and could potentially bar you from obtaining any future immigration benefits.

2. Danny Garmo

Answered . Hire a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out. Claiming to be a U.S. Citizen when you are not is a SERIOUS OFFENSE!! Seek attorney representation immediately!!