Am on H4 visa i want t o do my masters here what is a procedure and after my masters am i eligible to convert into H1 b visa

Camp Hill, PA |

If there is any any procedure please forward it to me

1. File for a change of nonimmigrant status from H-4 to F-1. Of course, you have to be accepted to a program first. Speak to the DSO at the school for information.

If you have an employer willing to sponsor you and if you are otherwise eligible, you can file to change your nonimmigrant status from F-1 to H-1B.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. I agree with my colleague ... all the work will be done by the employer that wants to hire you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.