Am on H4 visa i want t o do my masters here what is a procedure and after my masters am i eligible to convert into H1 b visa

Asked almost 2 years ago - Camp Hill, PA

If there is any any procedure please forward it to me

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File for a change of nonimmigrant status from H-4 to F-1. Of course, you have to be accepted to a program first. Speak to the DSO at the school for information.

    If you have an employer willing to sponsor you and if you are otherwise eligible, you can file to change your nonimmigrant status from F-1 to H-1B.

    Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street,... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague ... all the work will be done by the employer that wants to hire you.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,330 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,330 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering