Am I violating the supervised visitation order?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Washington, MD

I have physical custody of my daughter and her mother has supervised visitation every other weekend at a court ordered visitation center. The reasoning for the supervised visitation stems from her mother’s domestic violence issues with her boyfriend and anger management issues which have in the past compromised the safety of my daughter (and exposed her to inappropriate situations) while in her care. I wouldn’t mind my daughter spending time with her mother if I could trust that she makes good decisions, but she does not. My daughter asked if she could spend Thanksgiving at her maternal grandmother’s home. I know her mother will be there. If I allow my daughter to go, am I in violation of the supervised visitation order? I don’t want to stop my daughter from seeing her family.

1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

1

Answered . It is difficult to advise you without seeing the visitation order.
    If the mother was not going to be there, of course you could drop the child off without a problelm.
    Because the mother and probably her boyfriend will be there, you have every right to be concerned. I would recommend you wait until you get clarification from an attorney. Tell the grandmother if you get the OK from an attorney, she can spend the day after Christmas or Christmas Eve with her.