Am i supposed to submit civil documents with DS-230 Form

New Orleans, LA |

I am a petitioner and a designated agent for my father (my father is my beneficiarty) to submit DS-230 part 1 and 2 with relevant civil documents to NVC. I have two questions 1) am i supposed to send relevant civil documents (both original and copies) together with DS-230 to NVC of or just DS-230 2) am i supposed to fill out both DS-230 part 1 and 2 or just part 1. I will appreciate your help

Yes. Otherwise, the petition will be revoked in one year if no action is taken. I strongly recommend that you consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney to help with the process. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

There is much more to applying for an immigration benefit than completing forms. Unless you have training in immigration law, you are likely not even aware of all the potential pitfalls. An immigration lawyer can protect your interests and prevent you from jeopardizing the ability of anyone to eventually become a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen. Some mistakes are reversible, while some are not. Do yourself a favor and consult a professional. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

You fill out both part 1 and part 2. Your father needs to sign part 1. You need to get your father's signature on the form (not a fax, not a scan, but the original signature).

You need to submit the civil documents, originals and copies, to NVC along with the DS-230.

You should consult with an immigrant attorney about this case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

The answer is simple ... do exactly what they instruct.

If you don't understand the instructions, consider hiring an immigration attorney to assist you.

This process isn't as simple as most people tend to think.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Contact an attorney who can review in detail with you how best to prepare the submission

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104