Am i supposed to submit civil documents with DS-230 Form

Asked over 1 year ago - New Orleans, LA

I am a petitioner and a designated agent for my father (my father is my beneficiarty) to submit DS-230 part 1 and 2 with relevant civil documents to NVC. I have two questions 1) am i supposed to send relevant civil documents (both original and copies) together with DS-230 to NVC of or just DS-230 2) am i supposed to fill out both DS-230 part 1 and 2 or just part 1. I will appreciate your help

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

3

Answered . Yes. Otherwise, the petition will be revoked in one year if no action is taken. I strongly recommend that you consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney to help with the process. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . There is much more to applying for an immigration benefit than completing forms. Unless you have training in immigration law, you are likely not even aware of all the potential pitfalls. An immigration lawyer can protect your interests and prevent you from jeopardizing the ability of anyone to eventually become a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen. Some mistakes are reversible, while some are not. Do yourself a favor and consult a professional. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . You fill out both part 1 and part 2. Your father needs to sign part 1. You need to get your father's signature on the form (not a fax, not a scan, but the original signature).

You need to submit the civil documents, originals and copies, to NVC along with the DS-230.

You should consult with an immigrant attorney about this case.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . The answer is simple ... do exactly what they instruct.

If you don't understand the instructions, consider hiring an immigration attorney to assist you.

This process isn't as simple as most people tend to think.

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Contact an attorney who can review in detail with you how best to prepare the submission