Am i supposed to submit civil documents with DS-230 Form

I am a petitioner and a designated agent for my father (my father is my beneficiarty) to submit DS-230 part 1 and 2 with relevant civil documents to NVC. I have two questions 1) am i supposed to send relevant civil documents (both original and copies) together with DS-230 to NVC of or just DS-230 2) am i supposed to fill out both DS-230 part 1 and 2 or just part 1. I will appreciate your help

New Orleans, LA -

Attorney Answers (5)

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Yes. Otherwise, the petition will be revoked in one year if no action is taken. I strongly recommend that you consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney to help with the process. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

There is much more to applying for an immigration benefit than completing forms. Unless you have training in immigration law, you are likely not even aware of all the potential pitfalls. An immigration lawyer can protect your interests and prevent you from jeopardizing the ability of anyone to eventually become a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen. Some mistakes are reversible, while some are not. Do yourself a favor and consult a professional. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

You fill out both part 1 and part 2. Your father needs to sign part 1. You need to get your father's signature on the form (not a fax, not a scan, but the original signature).

You need to submit the civil documents, originals and copies, to NVC along with the DS-230.

You should consult with an immigrant attorney about this case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

The answer is simple ... do exactly what they instruct.

If you don't understand the instructions, consider hiring an immigration attorney to assist you.

This process isn't as simple as most people tend to think.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Contact an attorney who can review in detail with you how best to prepare the submission

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.