Skip to main content

Am I supposed to get a copy of the dhs homestudy before an interlocutory decree is final? I responded pro se to the petition.

Little Rock, AR |

Plus the petitioners failed to exchange their financial history and income earnings back with me. I supplied mine and I am supposed to get a copy of theirs too? Is that correct?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If the petitioner is a parent of the child they should be providing financial history to the court/DHS, but not necessarily to you. You can ask for it as it may be informative on establishing child support obligations, if they object, ask for any sensitive information such as SSN to be redacted.

    You can also ask for a copy of the homestudy with any sensitive information redacted.

    Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics